April 10, 2008

Seats and door panels

I also learned how to recover the seats for this car (sorry, aftermarket upholstry) You shure do learn a lot when you do the whole thing yourself. They turned out great though. The seats are yet another item that I got from the parts car. The seats that came with my car were from a 1970 Mustang and are a different style. They were in great shape but I wanted to keep it year correct. Also in went the console. Optional on this car, don't know if it came in this car or not but I had it and I like it, so I kept it. Re-dyed and installed! The rear seat Looked great in it's original condition so I opted to leave it alone - looks like it needs to be cleaned though (so does my camera lense) NOS Door panels fit like a glove! Again the door panel emblems are original and completely restored, hand painted and hand polished.